5/1/08

May Day


This May is a big month for me...it's been 5 years cancer-free for me, my son has his 35th birthday this month, we moved to the coast 17 years ago in May and last May I signed up for the bead journal project!
Today I'll be starting the last bjp piece for the first year and this is what I said at the beginning of this wonderful project, on my post of May 19, 2007:

"Now that I've got most of the fabric selected and fused and ready for beading, I'm collecting other bits and pieces I want to use sometime during the next year. I am at year 4 of my breast cancer diagnosis and all the tests and exams are still coming out clear, so I'm going to do my bead journal on the theme of Facing Forward. I've always collected faces and have been using a lot of them in my earlier series of Guardian Spirits, so I will be using a different face (bead, cabochon or pendent) for each month. I'm also beginning to make a few of my own design from polymer clay and may use them in the later months when I'm happier with the results......I have to keep reminding myself that I'm a beginner at face sculpture and not to expect too much at first. It also helps me to remember how frustrating beading was in the beginning when I felt like I was all thumbs and there was thread showing all over the place!"

So I'm celebrating lots of things this month and the page will hopefully express my feelings of joy and thankfulness at still being here! On to the last page of "Facing Forward"....thank goodness I have the whole summer to decide on next years theme!

8 comments:

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Your colors certainly express happiness -- they are lovely -- and it is so wonderful that you have reached your 5 year mark -- make it 50 more :-)

Happy May to you,
Hugz,
Jackie

KV said...

These colors and beads are gonna make one yummy page! A great way to celebrate for you . . .


Kathy V in NM

Pursuing Art... said...

Happy May Day Bobbi!

A celebration is definitely in order for you and Chuck! The materials you have chosen for May's journal page are sparkling and vibrant. I know your piece will express your joy and thankfulness at still being here!

We are all so grateful that you are here to share your gifts and blessings with us!!!

Peace and love to you, my friend... Lisa

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.
~Melody Beattie~

abeadlady said...

Bobbi,

How wonderful for you to be able to celebrate such momentous occasions this month. Your page looks like it will be as colorful and interesting as the other eleven.

Arline

beadbabe49 said...

thank you all for your encouraging comments...wish I could give you all a hug...

Magpie Sue said...

Happy, happy, happy :- )
Happy colors, happy for you, happy for us! Lookin' forward to a lot more!

Timaree said...

Happy celebrations! My son turns 35 in August. I copied the quote I saw here in your comments section. Gratitude can indeed make life lived instead of existed.

I am so glad you are still going strong after five years. Isn't five a major stepping stone?

I love the colors for your new page.

beadbabe49 said...

hi sue!

yes, getting past 5 years is a good thing! no guarantees, of course, but still good!